What’s better than cookies?….. uh, COLOSSAL cookies!
These cookies are fudgey and gooey, like a warm brownie. They would make an ideal desert for a casual kid-friendly dinner party.
This recipe takes around 8mins to prep and 25mins to bake.
Ingredients (Makes 1 very large cookie)
- Baking margarine (200g)
- Dark Brown sugar (230g)
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Plain flour (275g)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 100g sultanas
- 2 large handfuls of mini marshmallows!
Making the cookie batter
- Measure out your sugar and butter into a large mixing bowl
- Combine the butter and the sugar by creaming and beating them together using the back of a spoon. They should be fully blended with no signs of unmixed sugar or lumps of butter.
- Separate the yolks from the eggs.
- Add in the two yolks and vanilla to the mixture, then stir.
- Add the flour and baking powder into the bowl.
- Stir until it forms a stiff mixture.
- Add the sultanas and mix once more.
- Add in marshmallows and then stir for a final time!
- Next, prep your frying pan (make sure it is oven safe first!) by adding some margarine to a paper towel or section of grease-proof paper and rubbing evenly across the surface of the frying pan.
- Set your oven to 160degC (temp may vary for each oven)
- Bake for 20-30 minutes, depending on how gooey you would like your cookie.
- Leave to stand for at least 5 minutes, ideally 10, before serving
This bake is my version of a BBC good food recipe. The original can be found here; https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/giantcookie
#puddings #colossalcookie #baking #stepbystep #bakingmadeeasy #comfort #kidfriendly #blog #recipe #Scotland #Aberdeenshire #Easydoughsy