One of my mum’s recipes… this has been super popular in our house for at least 25 years! It really never disappoints!
This recipe takes around 20mins to prepare and 3 hours to set.
Ingredients (makes 1 tray)
- Margarine (115g)
- Golden Syrup (3 table spoons)
- Milk chocolate (255g)
- White chocolate (450g)
- Digestive biscuits (225g)
- Maltesers (225g)
Prepping the base
- Measure out the margarine, syrup and milk chocolate into a Pyrex mixing bowl.
- Set up a “bain-marie” (that’s some boiling water in a saucepan with a glass bowl sitting on top!)
- Allow the chocolate mix to melt, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, crush the digestive biscuits in a food bag with a rolling pin.
- Lightly crush your Maltesers in a second food bag – make sure there’s a mixture of well crushed and barely crushed Maltesers.
- Once the chocolate has melted, add the crushed digestive biscuits to the mixing bowl and stir.
- Add 3/4 of the crushed Maltesers and stir once more.
- Lightly grease a high edged baking tray.
Completing your Malteser slice
- Pack your chocolatey biscuit base into the baking tray. Level and smooth the mixture as best as you can.
- Set up a second bain-marie with your white chocolate, mixing occasionally.
- Once the chocolate has fully melted, carefully pour over your biscuit base.
- Smooth out your white chocolate and sprinkle the remaining crushed Malteser pieces over the top of the chocolate.
- Transfer to the fridge to set for a couple of hours.
- Once set, cut into (large!) portions before serving and devouring!
This recipe is perfect for parties, bake sales and picnics! (And is so easy to make!)
#Easydoughsy #recipe #blog #Aberdeenshire #baking #Scotland #chocolate #biscuit #yum #bakingmadeeasy #stepbystep #bakesale #homemade #homebaking