Banana bread is the perfect autumnal recipe for cosy evenings at home!
This recipe takes around 20mins to prepare and 1 hours to bake.
Ingredients (makes 1 loaf)
- Margarine (100g)
- Caster sugar (100g)
- Self raising flour (225g)
- 1/2tsp baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 2 eggs
- 3 to 4 bananas (depends on size!)
- 2tsp mixed spice
Making the mixture
- Set the oven to 150degC (fan).
- First, grease a standard sized loaf tin using a slither of margarine.
- Measure out the margarine and caster sugar into a large mixing bowl.
- Cream the marg and sugar together using the back of a spoon.
- Next, sieve the flour into the mixing bowl, followed by the baking powder and a pinch of salt.
- Add the eggs and mix thoroughly until completely combined. The mixture will be slightly stiff (don’t worry!)
- Place the bananas into a plastic bowl and mash with a fork until mushy.
- Beat the mashed banana into the cake batter, allowing plenty of air into the mixture, and ensuring that the banana is evenly distributed throughout.
- Add the mixed spice and stir well.
- Pour mixture into the tin & bake for approximately 1 hour until well risen and firm to the touch.
- Allow to cool in the tin for a few minutes before turning out onto a wire cooling rack.
- Once cooled, cut into slices and serve.
(I recommend a large cup of tea as an accompaniment x x )
#Easydoughsy #recipe #blog #Aberdeenshire #baking #Scotland #cake #bananabread #bakingmadeeasy #stepbystep #homebake #homemade #homebaking #blog #blogger #Aberdeenshirebloggers #Scottishbloggers