As I watched our doggo bound about on his walk this afternoon; loving life, always happy, I realised that there’s many lessons which we can learn from our four legged friends.
Here’s my top 10 list of life lessons learnt from dogs:
- Make time to show the ones you love that you care. It doesn’t always need to be as slobbery as a dog’s kiss though. Everyone likes to feel wanted.
- Try, try and try again. Determination (particularly when there’s food involved) is a key characteristic found in almost every dog. If we could muster half this determination as humans, we’d succeed far more often.
- The same goes for enthusiasm… tackling every task with eagerness and passion brings joy to every day.
- Loyalty is rewarded. Whether that’s in friendship or just points on a supermarket store card. Sticking to your commitments avoids letting people down.
- Explore the world. This might be the next field over, or the Australian outback. Travelling and exploring broadens your horizons.
- Choose your battles carefully. Confront that bigger dog/angry boss/hungry boyfriend at your peril. Sometimes it’s good to know when to leave people be.
- Don’t underestimate the power of praise. Sometimes a quick “thank you, you’ve done a great job” can really help cheer someone up. It’s nice to be nice.
- Exercise regularly – healthy body, healthy mind.
- Play more. Humans tend to forget the power of play as they grow older. It develops creativity and innovative thoughts, so really more value should be placed on it.
- Also, make time to relax and nap. It’s a dog’s life after all.
#12daysofblogandbeyond #blogandbeyond #lessons #dog #dogsofinstagram #Aberdeenbloggers #UKbloggers #Scottishblogger #Scottishbloggers #blog #blogger #lifestyleblogger #Aberdeen #Scotland #thehappynow #happy #positive