- Buy snacks. It’s top of the list for a reason… you will end up hungry and craving sugar. Unfortunately, this is just a fact we have to accept. For bonus points, bake your own cake in advance (but prepare to feel inadequate, as the bakers produce edible masterpieces on-screen).
- Research the contestants and then swiftly choose your favourite based upon their 3 sentence back story and photograph alone. It’s shallow, totally unfounded and you’ll probably choose the contestant whose life most closely resembles your own, but at least you’ll have someone to cheer for from the outset. Bios for each of the contestants can be found at the GBBO instagram page: https://www.instagram.com/britishbakeoff
- Book-out the living room between 7.50pm and 9pm. You will require complete and unrestricted access to both the TV and sofa, so it is safer just to claim the room for yourself. Channel hopping in the advert breaks is also strictly forbidden, for fear of missing a single moment of the action.
- Taking this a step further, from 7pm onwards, start to remove all potential distractions. This means feed the dog, put the kids to bed, close the curtains, send the husband to the shed (and no I don’t care if it’s cold and getting dark) – whatever it takes dammit!
- With 8pm looming, change into PJs and slippers. Transform the snuggliest blanket in the house into a super hero cape for extra coziness. Please note: bras are prohibited… they stifle the joy.
- Boil the kettle and make a nice cup or tea/coffee/hot chocolate with mini marshmallows/Ovaltine (if that’s your bag?!). Remember to swoosh your blanket cape behind you as you race across the kitchen between the fridge and the mug tree.
- Gather your snacks / hot beverage of choice and park your bum on the sofa. Open your mind to the world of innuendos, Hollywood handshakes and Toksvig/Fielding quirky comedy. Embrace the familiarity of the 3 challenge format and star baker award. It’s time to welcome GBBO back into your life.
- Discussions start at 9pm. Bring any leftover biscuits pls.
#GBBO #GreatBritishBakeOff #snacks #ultimateguide #Easydoughsy #Blog #joy #comfort #cake #Ep1